Order letter/Placing order is a document or letter that confirms the details of a purchase of goods or services from one party to another. Example when we will buy some product in a company, we must send order letter for request that product and when the recipient in that company receives this letter, they will process the order and send the product.
An Order Letter is the one that is written by the person/company placing the request of purchase from another company. This letter comes into action only when a detailed study of the desired product has been done in the market and based on promised service, quality and price of the product, a decision for a purchase has been made.
An Order Letter should be drafted very carefully as it needs to pen down all the terms and conditions of the purchase for the benefit of both involved parties.
Things to be aware when writing a order letter :
· An Order Lettner should be addressed to the person responsible for executing the order
· include all the terms and conditions agreed upon by both involved parties
· Since it is purely an official letter it should be typed out
· There is no need to use too many adjectives in the letter since it is purely for an order being placed
· The letter should have all rtelevant details related to the order, for example, quantity, price and other terms and conditions
A. Opening Paragraph
- We have received your letter of ….(date) and should be glad if you would accept our order for the following goods.
- We are obliged to your quotation/letter of …(date) and should be glad if you would accept our order for the following goods.
- We thank you for your letter of … (date) and enclose our official order for the following goods.
- We have received your quotation of … (date) and please send me the following goods as soon as possible.
- We have received your letter are satisfactory, please arrange to deliver the following goods as quickly as possible.
B. Describing Method of Payment
· We shall pay for the goods by bankers transfer on receipt of your pro-forma invoice.
Pro-forma invoice is invoice that give detail of goods being tend and it sent to the customer in advance of the goods themselves.
· We shall open a letter of credit as soon as we receive your pro-forma invoice
· We shall pay for the goods by banker’s transfer within 20 days from the date of delivery.
C. Closing Paragraph
· We would be grateful for your prompt delivery as the goods are urgently needed.
· We look forward to receiving your advice of delivery by return
· Please kindly acknowledge this order and confirm that you will be able to deliver the goods by the end of this year
- We would like to …..
- We enclose ….
- We shall pay for the goods …. (for cheque)
2 ways to make order letter :
1. Order Letter with Official order form.
to make us able to contact the company because the official form is already in there and we just to stayed fill it.
2. Order Letter without official order form.
Sometimes the company doesn’t have any official form. So we can make order letter to make request. but t make it we must follow the rules and according.
Part of that must be exist in the letter :
4.) Type of product
5.) Price list
6.) Count of product
7.) Date of shipment
8.) Terms of payment